As the cooler days turn into cold days and Christmas trees and lights start popping up in neighbour’s front windows, I’ve realized that the weeks we spend as a couple are dwindling down (ALMOST into single digit weeks guys!), and there is so much that I still want to do before this sweet baby gets here. And yes, I totally understand that most of these things can be done with a baby, but I want to savour the last few months as just a married couple by carrying on some of the traditions we have created and doing the things we love to do together.
I started compiling a bucket list way back in the summer, and have slowly added to it as the weeks go on and now I think it’s ready to share!
Go apple picking– Spring Meadow Orchards is our go-to each Fall, their apple cider donuts are the BOMB.com Visit Pumpkinferno at Upper Canada Village Carve pumpkins for Halloween! Experience/witness Queen’s University Homecoming. Walk down Aberdeen St. very likely for the last time.
- Go on a walk/hike to enjoy the cooler weather (or snow at this rate!)
- Take in a Kingston Frontenacs game (and get nachos of course!)
- Decorate for CHRISTMAS!
- Spend a day at the spa!
- Go to the movies (and watch something other than the new Star Wars because if you know me, those tickets have been purchased for WEEKS!)
- Go on all the coffee dates we can possibly have at all our favourite coffee shops.
- Wander aimlessly through our favourite shops – especially Michael’s and Home Sense, because soon it will be just a little bit more challenging/time consuming/I probably will just want to get in and out as fast as I can with a darling baby in tow.
- Hit up some local craft and vendor Christmas shows – because they are totally my jam and I love support small/local shops (but more on that later!)
- Stay at home in pajamas/curled up in bed all day … even better during a snowstorm!
- Go OUT for breakfast or dinner at least a few times before February rolls around.
AND LASTLY …
- Give so much love and time to our sweet little dog; his life is about to experience a huge change.
Any other suggestions of things to add to my baby bucket list? Would love for you to share!