Worst moment this week: Well, my BP was a little bit above normal my last appointment, so then I had to go back and get it checked again the next day, as well as test urine (although they never said in particular what they were monitoring for until after the second BP check, I knew it was for pre-eclampsia). Luckily, everything was relatively okay and we can proceed as normal.
You guys. I am sucking horribly at these bumpdates! It sure is difficult staying on top of life with the chaos of the holidays that’s for sure! And my sweet little primary class was definitely no help in keeping me on track. So, I am skipping the 31 week bumpdate and will just do 32 weeks (I’m assuming they would both be very similar anyways as the weeks just keep melting into each other!).
As the cooler days turn into cold days and Christmas trees and lights start popping up in neighbour’s front windows, I’ve realized that the weeks we spend as a couple are dwindling down (ALMOST into single digit weeks guys!), and there is so much that I still want to do before this sweet baby gets here. And yes, I totally understand that most of these things can be done with a baby, but I want to savour the last few months as just a married couple by carrying on some of the traditions we have created and doing the things we love to do together.
I started compiling a bucket list way back in the summer, and have slowly added to it as the weeks go on and now I think it’s ready to share!
Go apple picking– Spring Meadow Orchards is our go-to each Fall, their apple cider donuts are the BOMB.com Visit Pumpkinferno at Upper Canada Village Carve pumpkins for Halloween! Experience/witness Queen’s University Homecoming. Walk down Aberdeen St. very likely for the last time.
- Go on a walk/hike to enjoy the cooler weather (or snow at this rate!)
- Take in a Kingston Frontenacs game (and get nachos of course!)
- Decorate for CHRISTMAS!
- Spend a day at the spa!
- Go to the movies (and watch something other than the new Star Wars because if you know me, those tickets have been purchased for WEEKS!)
- Go on all the coffee dates we can possibly have at all our favourite coffee shops.
- Wander aimlessly through our favourite shops – especially Michael’s and Home Sense, because soon it will be just a little bit more challenging/time consuming/I probably will just want to get in and out as fast as I can with a darling baby in tow.
- Hit up some local craft and vendor Christmas shows – because they are totally my jam and I love support small/local shops (but more on that later!)
- Stay at home in pajamas/curled up in bed all day … even better during a snowstorm!
- Go OUT for breakfast or dinner at least a few times before February rolls around.
AND LASTLY …
- Give so much love and time to our sweet little dog; his life is about to experience a huge change.
Any other suggestions of things to add to my baby bucket list? Would love for you to share!